College is expensive—we get it. But applying for a scholarship from the Community Foundation is simple. Using one online application, you could be considered for several different scholarships. Once your application is submitted, you will be considered eligible for the scholarships for which you meet the requirements.
Our scholarships are awarded via a competitive process based on the criteria set by donors wishing to help our local students further their education. Some scholarships require the student to have financial need, others focus on academics, and others are based on extracurricular involvement. Each application is reviewed by a committee made up of community members with a passion for education and helping our area youth pursue the next step in their educational journey.
Visit ghacf.org/scholarships and follow the 5 steps that are outlined:
- Choose scholarships you’re eligible for. Review the scholarship descriptions. We have lots of different scholarships with different criteria.
- Begin your application. You’ll need to create an account through eGrant to access the application. It’s important to check and/or populate the boxes that relate to the scholarships for which you’d like to be considered. For example, if you plan to study medicine, include that in the box that asks what you plan to pursue studies in. This will ensure that you are considered for scholarships with specific criteria.
- Additional submission requirements. Include a copy of your most recent transcript and page 1 of the Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows your EFC and any other supplemental information that might be required.
- Review your application. Check it for typos. Read and re-read the answers to your narrative questions. This is your chance to tell the committee about yourself!
- Submit your application! Remember to print off a hard copy and make sure it gets to the Foundation along with your transcript and page 1 of your SAR.
Submit by February 15 and be entered to win a $250 gift card!
We strongly encourage you to submit your application by Thursday, February 15. All applicants who submit by this date have a chance to win a $250 gift card!
The final deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 1 at 5PM. All scholarship decisions will be made in April and announced at the high school awards ceremonies in May.
If you have any questions throughout the process, please reach out to Lauren Grevel, Education & Youth Initiatives Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-842-6378 and she’ll happily help you navigate the process.