Open a FundSupporting Your Community
Start a Fund
Establishing a fund at the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation is an easy and effective way to invest in your community. Listed below are the types of funds available to our donors:
- Greatest Needs Funds – most flexible fund to meet the changing needs of our community.
- Field of Interest Funds – flexibility to meet the changing needs of our community within a particular area of interest.
- Donor Advised Funds – allows the donor to recommend grants to causes that they care about.
- Scholarship Funds – supports our local students with grants to pursue post-secondary education.
- Designated Funds – provides annual grants for one or more organizations in perpetuity.
- Organization Funds – created by charitable organizations to perpetually benefit the mission of the organization.
- Community Service Funds – helps a local initiative raise dollars for immediate use.
- View and download your quarterly fund statements
- Access your gift and grant histories
- Make grant suggestions from your Donor Advised Fund
- Request grant distributions from your organization’s fund
Donor Impact Stories
Within any human psyche and our self-perception, the biggest critic that can shower us with either positive or negative praise is ourselves. Especially during a transitional period from a high schooler who is on the cusp of blossoming into a young adult just entering...
Our Community Foundation strives to enhance the quality of life for all by working together to collectively address challenges and opportunities throughout West Michigan. This caring impact draws community members to make a variety of contributions, including gifts in memory of loved ones.
The Reinecke family has made a tradition of giving back. “Our grandmother, Frances Reinecke, gave back to the community in countless ways, but there was always one consistent theme,” said Jason Reinecke. “Frances had an enormous heart for children and families that were disadvantaged. Her compassion for others has instilled a sense of pride within our family but also the motivation to follow in her footsteps.”