The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation will consider grants that seek to enhance the quality of life and promote a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community in Northwest Ottawa County.
Click the icons below to learn more about our individual priorities and how you can help support their funds!
Arts & Culture
- Bring regional and national art and cultural experiences and opportunities to the community
- Supports programs that deliver arts and cultural experiences to under-served populations of the community
- Support the collaboration and growth of local arts and cultural organizations within the community.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Address equity, diversity, and inclusion within the community
- Involve and empower the inherent worth and dignity of all people
- Promote and sustain a sense of belonging within the community
Economic & Community Betterment
- Support cooperation among municipalities, especially in the areas of recreation, transportation, as well as consolidated planning.
- Support the revitalization and beautification of areas of commerce in our region.
- Address the barriers preventing students from pursuing post-secondary education opportunities.
- Improve student access to the necessary academic, social, and emotional resources required to reach their full potential.
- Support access to and participation in quality preschool programs, particularly those in under-served populations.
- Center on the preservation of natural green space and “smart land use” planning.
- Address critical water quality issues, including nearshore health, the sustainability of wetlands, and non-source pollutants. Lake Michigan, the Grand River Watershed, Spring Lake, and local creeks and streams are of special concern.
- Promote environmental sustainability through alternative energy initiatives and recycling projects.
Health & Human Services
- Support access to physical and mental health services
- Promote healthy lifestyles and relationships for all
- Address priorities based on data gathered through Community Needs Assessments and Community Health Improvement Plans
- Support local health initiatives that are endorsed by multi-sector collaboration
- Address human needs for underserved populations
For questions about the grant portal or our grantmaking process and guidelines, contact our Vice President of Grants & Program, Holly Cole.
Grant Impact Stories
In continuation of our 50th anniversary celebration, our foundation recently granted $50,000 to...
In celebration of our 50th anniversary this year, we wanted to recognize our community’s...
The Board of the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation is pleased to announce four, third-round...