The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation will consider grants that seek to enhance the quality of life and promote a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community in Northwest Ottawa County.
Click the icons below to learn more about our individual priorities and how you can help support their funds!
Arts & Culture
- Bring regional and national art and cultural experiences and opportunities to the community
- Supports programs that deliver arts and cultural experiences to under-served populations of the community
- Support the collaboration and growth of local arts and cultural organizations within the community.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Address equity, diversity, and inclusion within the community
- Involve and empower the inherent worth and dignity of all people
- Promote and sustain a sense of belonging within the community
Economic & Community Betterment
- Support cooperation among municipalities, especially in the areas of recreation, transportation, as well as consolidated planning.
- Support the revitalization and beautification of areas of commerce in our region.
- Address the barriers preventing students from pursuing post-secondary education opportunities.
- Improve student access to the necessary academic, social, and emotional resources required to reach their full potential.
- Support access to and participation in quality preschool programs, particularly those in under-served populations.
- Center on the preservation of natural green space and “smart land use” planning.
- Address critical water quality issues, including nearshore health, the sustainability of wetlands, and non-source pollutants. Lake Michigan, the Grand River Watershed, Spring Lake, and local creeks and streams are of special concern.
- Promote environmental sustainability through alternative energy initiatives and recycling projects.
Health & Human Services
- Support access to physical and mental health services
- Promote healthy lifestyles and relationships for all
- Address priorities based on data gathered through Community Needs Assessments and Community Health Improvement Plans
- Support local health initiatives that are endorsed by multi-sector collaboration
- Address human needs for underserved populations
For questions about the grant portal or our grantmaking process and guidelines, contact our Vice President of Grants & Program, Holly Cole.
Grant Impact Stories
In honor of our 50th anniversary, we were able to make possible several smaller, community-focused activities including the donation of books to students. In May of this year, we gave a copy of the book Have You Filled a Bucket Today? to every Northwest Ottawa County second grader, local public libraries as well as school and classroom libraries. This resulted in a total of nearly 1,000 books gifted.
The Board of the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation is pleased to announce four third-round Community Impact grant awards, totaling $275,000, in support of Northwest Ottawa County and our surrounding communities. This includes a $40,000 grant to Tri-Cities Puentes Initiative for “LEADeres Lakeshore,” a leadership and professional development program for Latinx professionals and leaders in the lakeshore area.
The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation has granted $216,231 from its Community Relief & Recovery (CR&R) Fund to 11 area for-impact organizations serving individuals, families, and communities most impacted by COVID-19.