The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation will consider grants that seek to enhance the quality of life and promote a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community in Northwest Ottawa County.
Click the icons below to learn more about our individual priorities and how you can help support their funds!
Arts & Culture
- Bring regional and national art and cultural experiences and opportunities to the community
- Supports programs that deliver arts and cultural experiences to under-served populations of the community
- Support the collaboration and growth of local arts and cultural organizations within the community.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Address equity, diversity, and inclusion within the community
- Involve and empower the inherent worth and dignity of all people
- Promote and sustain a sense of belonging within the community
Economic & Community Betterment
- Support cooperation among municipalities, especially in the areas of recreation, transportation, as well as consolidated planning.
- Support the revitalization and beautification of areas of commerce in our region.
- Address the barriers preventing students from pursuing post-secondary education opportunities.
- Improve student access to the necessary academic, social, and emotional resources required to reach their full potential.
- Support access to and participation in quality preschool programs, particularly those in under-served populations.
- Center on the preservation of natural green space and “smart land use” planning.
- Address critical water quality issues, including nearshore health, the sustainability of wetlands, and non-source pollutants. Lake Michigan, the Grand River Watershed, Spring Lake, and local creeks and streams are of special concern.
- Promote environmental sustainability through alternative energy initiatives and recycling projects.
Health & Human Services
- Support access to physical and mental health services
- Promote healthy lifestyles and relationships for all
- Address priorities based on data gathered through Community Needs Assessments and Community Health Improvement Plans
- Support local health initiatives that are endorsed by multi-sector collaboration
- Address human needs for underserved populations
For questions about the grant portal or our grantmaking process and guidelines, contact our Vice President of Grants & Program, Holly Cole.
Grant Impact Stories
The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation has granted $216,231 from its Community Relief & Recovery (CR&R) Fund to 11 area for-impact organizations serving individuals, families, and communities most impacted by COVID-19.
A significant part of our mission and commitment to enhancing the quality of life in Northwest Ottawa County includes prioritizing, protecting, and preserving the environment through thoughtful stewardship, advocacy, and education.
A few of our grantees leading meaningful environmental initiatives within our community took a moment to express their appreciation to the foundation as we continue to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We have had the pleasure of working with wonderful mission-driven organizations, including the Ottawa County Parks and Recreation Department and the Ottawa County Parks Foundation, the Outdoor Discovery Center Network, the West Michigan Environmental Action Council, and the West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum over the years to support our shared environmental commitment.
A few of our COVID relief grant recipients—Mosaic Counseling, Love in Action, Four Pointes Center for Successful Aging, Good Samaritan Ministries, and St. John’s Episcopal Church—took a moment to discuss the impact of these contributions and explained just how much this support has helped the important causes they lead throughout the Northwest Ottawa County area.