It is many individual acts coming together that powerfully and positively impact our community. Giving for impact can be targeted to areas in our community that you are passionate about and help our community thrive! This week we feature five funds that represent different impact areas you can support:
- Scholarships: Thanks to generous donors, more than 225 area students received over $656,000 in scholarships in 2022, helping build the future. While the numbers are positive, they do not meet all of the need. “Without your support, our paths to success would be far less paved.” – Elena Yu, Scholarship Recipient.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Giving to the DEI Fund supports local programming that involves and empowers the inherent worth and dignity of all people and promotes and sustains a sense of belonging within the community.
- Environment: Gifts to this fund allow us to center on the preservation of local natural green-space and “smart land use” planning, addresses critical water quality issues, and promotes environmental sustainability through alternative energy initiatives and recycling projects.
- Youth Fund: The GHACF’s Youth Advisory Committee is made up of high school students from all around the area who meet to discuss and assess community youth issues, review grant proposals from local for-impact partners who impact youth, and grant out funds to organizations. Supporting the Youth Fund improves the lives of youth in our community.
- Arts & Culture: Gifts to this fund support bringing regional and national art and cultural experiences our community, supports the collaboration and growth of local arts and cultural organizations, and helps under-served populations in our area to take part in these experiences.