DonorsSupporting Your Community
We’re Here For You
As your partner in philanthropy, we understand that every donor has individual needs and wishes. It’s our honor to work with you individually and personalize our service to ensure your philanthropy is effective, personal, meaningful, and fulfilling. We’re here to help you benefit the charitable community causes you’re most passionate about.
Become A Philanthropist
- Contribute to an Existing Fund
We’ll work with you to ensure that your gift benefits the charitable priorities you’re passionate about.
- Start a Fund
Our goal is to help you establish the fund that will enable you to fulfill your philanthropic purpose.
- Leave a Legacy
Including the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation in your estate plan is an easy way to make a long-lasting, meaningful, and significant impact on the community around you.
- Appreciated Stock
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder
- Life Insurance
- Real Estate
- Retained Life Estates
- Retirement Portfolios
Start a Fund
- Greatest Needs Funds – most flexible fund to meet the changing needs of our community.
- Field of Interest Funds – flexibility to meet the changing needs of our community within a particular area of interest.
- Donor Advised Funds – allows the donor to recommend grants to causes that they care about.
- Scholarship Funds – supports our local students with grants to pursue post-secondary education.
- Designated Funds – provides annual grants for one or more organizations in perpetuity.
- Organization Funds – created by charitable organizations to perpetually benefit the mission of the organization.
- Community Service Funds – helps a local initiative raise dollars for immediate use.
- View and download your quarterly fund statements
- Access your gift and grant histories
- Make grant suggestions from your Donor Advised Fund
- Request grant distributions from your organization’s fund
Memorials & Tributes
Making a donation in honor of a living person or in memory of someone who has passed is a wonderful way to personalize your gift. Click to view a list of these gifts from the past year.
Donor Impact Stories
Andy and Joyce Cawthon chose to open a named greatest needs fund because “there is great value in pooling resources with other people of a similar mind,” said Andy. “My individual giving might not have an impact on a pressing community need, and if I’m picking the beneficiary, how do I know if I’m picking the best thing? We trust the foundation to make that decision for us.” By making an unrestricted contribution to the foundation, the Cawthons can rest assured that today, tomorrow, and forever those resources will be invested wisely and with a focus on impact.
For Ken and Mary Terpstra, teaching their children to give back to the community has been something they’ve always strived to do.
The Lemmen family chose to give back to Coopersville by contributing their distribution to a designated organization fund at the Coopersville Area Community Foundation. The whole family sat down together at the dining room table and talked about their options.