$50K Community Choice Grants
In honor of our 50th Anniversary, the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation granted a total of $50,000 to local municipalities through a series of community choice grants that will make seven community projects possible.
Working together with our local governments, each municipality had chosen projects for their communities and will receive $7,142 from the GHACF. While the municipalities can add funds to the GHACF award, the goal is for each project to be fully funded from this project and not be part of a larger campaign.
This community engagement initiative gave local municipalities in northwest Ottawa County the opportunity to create community improvement projects. Residents voted on the GHACF Facebook page to select their favorite projects for each municipality and selected some awesome community improvements!
- City of Ferrysburg: Historical Marker Site Improvement
- City of Grand Haven: Bike Racks in Downtown, Centertown, and Washington Square
- Crockery Township: Northbank Park Amenities
- Grand Haven Township: Bench & Water Fountain
- Robinson Township: Library Book Return Box
- Spring Lake Township: Bike Path Benches
- Village of Spring Lake: Central Park All-Access Play Equipment
Voting Schedule and Submitted Project Overviews:
September 7-13: City of Ferrysburg
September 14-20: City of Grand Haven
September 21-27: Crockery Township
September 28-October 4: Grand Haven Township
October 5-11: Robinson Township
October 12-18: Spring Lake Township
October 19-25: Village of Spring Lake
The winning projects will become reminders of collaboration between the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation and our local municipalities during our first 50 years, and be inspiration for what we can accomplish together in the next 50 years and beyond.